Monday, September 12, 2005

Shimmy and a shake, uh huh

We bring the bump to the grind, uh huh...

These are just a few lines from my own personal anthem, "On Top," from the Killers. This is the track I listen to when I need to psych myself up, usually while driving to work. It gives me a sliver of gumption for the day. Unfortunately, I'm killing any good vibe I'm having by listening to X&Y from Coldplay.

One word: Melancholy.

It's such an outstanding CD though, despite it's tendency to bring me down - and surprisingly, that's a good thing. I'm a pretty high strung person (not to be confused with bipolar) and when I get wound up, X&Y is just the ticket to soothe me back into reality. I started out my morning pretty hyped up about some projects, so I popped in X&Y and it lulled me down to a mood that's much more productive and clear thinking.

But wow, it can be heavy. And I'm kind of bumming because a good friend is hurting and there is not a whole lot that can be done from my end, so I feel like I'm wallowing in some bad sea of garb and guck. I should probably yank X&Y out and replace it with a shimmy and a shake.

Bring the bump to the grind, uh huh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home