Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Bungee Bull Wrangler

Some days I can't believe I get paid to do some of the things I do. Other days, I believe I don't get paid enough. Today is the former. Ride'em cowboy!

As part of our "welcome back to school" extravaganza, we're hosting a wellness event today. I just finished pulling the bungee cord on the Bungee Bull Ride and let me tell you, it's a miracle that I can even type. Looking at my right hand, I'm counting six, no wait, seven blisters that are forming as I write this. My hands are swollen and sore, blistered and battered, but it was a good time yanking on that cord and watching the students ride - and fall.

I'm one of those people who laugh when other people fall. I am especially fond of America's Funniest Home Videos when they showcase that segment called 30 Falls in 30 Seconds or something like that. Seeing people fall is just hilarious. Yeah, yeah, say what you will, but I also laugh like crazy when I fall. I can't help it, it's just funny.

So today I worked the bungee bull while watching students climb the rock wall, jump on the 30 foot bungee trampoline and fall off the rotating ladder climb. Yesterday I wore a straw hat, sold burgers and dogs and pimped carnival games. Tomorrow I'll be a dealer in a Texas Hold'em Tournament. And Friday, well, we're hosting an all day concert on the campus grounds. These are the good days. Next week, it's back to reality. And deadlines. And stress. But blister-free!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home