Friday, September 02, 2005

Photoshop Phlunky

I went to Cincy yesterday for an all-day conference for Photoshop users. I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't a hands-on conference and that we were forced to watch demonstrations on a very poor lit screen in a sometimes noisy conference center ballroom - and that there was no food for grazing, not even stale danishes. Other than that, it wasn't bad and I witnessed some very cool bling, and the coffee was damn good.

But today, I'm frustrated and sad that I can't put all of this really cool stuff to use. If you've never used Photoshop, count your uncreative blessings because holy mother of God, it's a difficult program to master. But if you got skeeeeelz in Photoshop, I bow before your greatness. I'll never look at a magazine cover the same way again.

I wish I had the time to mess around and perfect my abilities in Photoshop. I could be putting out some really stellar work, but it takes time to learn this program, and it takes a lot of practice to get it right, neither of which I am able to do right now. I'm equating this scenario to buying a really fabulous pair of boots in the spring. You find this smashing pair of Italian leather boots that will look choice with your favorite fall skirt, but it's spring and you can't wear them yet. So you have to wait.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait on Photoshop. Grrrrrrrrr. But hey, fall is coming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home