Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Bus Stop Follies

First, I need coffee. Clandestine pixies, vivify me!

Ok I'm back, sufficiently caffeinated.

So today is the first day of school. Believe me, it couldn't have come at a better time. Summertime, with my husband who is a teacher and summers off, and my 7 year old son, who is as stubborn as his father, is, how should I put this? It's a bit much. By August, we're all ready to kill one another. Suffice it to say, there's a little too much quality family time going on. We all need a break from each other. Thankfully, school started for my husband yesterday, and started for my son today. Hallelujah!

The bus is due at the corner of our street around 8:25. Joonya was geeked and wanted to get there early so we arrived around 8:15. Since we were early, we were able to enjoy a few minutes of fun chit-chat and warm mom/son kind of stuff.

Then the MILFs arrived. In full Edie Britt attire.

One was dressed as though her Harley Davidson riding boyfriend was about to take her to work in the red light district. The other, while very sweet and cute, was dressed like an 18 year old with her low rise hip hugger jeans and midriff tshirt, and could actually pull it off.

Then there was me. Since tonight we have an orientation event, I was dressed in what we call our "uniform". Khakis, logo polo and sneakers. I looked pretty darn dumpy, and mom-like. It was a humbling experience. And I was pissed because the bus was 20 minutes late, thus, dragging out this ordeal.

The best part of the morning was watching the man pigs drive by. Hey, I can't fault the male gender for wanting to ogle over the hunnies on the corner. However, have some tact when doing so. I mean, a couple of times, they were gawking with such wild abandon that they easily could have lost control of their cars and plowed into the three 2nd graders who were innocently waiting for the bus. And to the two guys who drove the garbage truck by four times, don't think it went unnoticed. I hope you have neck pain for the next three days.

Yeah, say what's on your mind. Indeed I was experiencing pangs of jealousy over these women. I sure as hell don't look like that. Clearly, it was a desperate housewives moment. But, I took the high road and marveled at my son who was chattering away like nobody's business, goofing off and making fart noises in his armpit. Now that's what I'm talking about. I couldn't have been more proud.

5 comments:

At 24/8/05 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got here from the comment on my site and I've got to say, I'm hip to your jive, Julie. You keep those MILFish succubuses in line!

 
At 24/8/05 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed the poetry battle. There will be many-a-more in the future.

I'm both frightened and elated to see that Cody was your influence in blogging. May god help you.

PS. Did you find my hidden message in teh battlesonnet? Read the first letter of each line...

 
At 24/8/05 8:50 PM, Blogger Jules said...

Succubuses. Now isn't that just a fun, fun word? I'm going to say it over and over again because it pleases my palette. Tonight at our new student orientation, one of the speakers kept saying syllabuses, and not syllabi. Is that the same for succubuses? Are they succubi? Oh oh, just checked out dictionary.com. It can go both ways, and if you really want to be fancy, you can say succubae. I just love a good word.

Thanks for visiting my madness, Cody.

 
At 24/8/05 8:59 PM, Blogger Jules said...

You should be frightened that Cody introduced me to the world of blogging, but, in all honesty (suck up coming) he was a good teacher. (wretch) Anyway, I spent a good amount of time on your blog and laughed my foo head off at some of your observations. I'll be a regular reader, not to be mistaken for a stalker. And yeah, with your instruction, I did see the hidden message. Excellent craftsmanship. I'd say you one up'd Cody with that one.

 
At 24/8/05 9:28 PM, Blogger Jules said...

Great Scott! I have arrived!

I've just received my first blog spam. A spam virgin no more, sadly, I don't feel the urge to smoke an after-spamming cigarette.

Humpf.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home