Tuesday, August 16, 2005

What I'm listening to these days








I decided to use the $50 Best Buy gift card I got for Christmas and went old school, I actually bought three CDs. Shocking, I know, but I'm not yet wired for ripping stuff off online. Here's where Techtard and I see eye to eye. Or tard to tard. I'm not savvy. I still have a drawer full of cassette tapes, and nothing to play them with. Yes, I'm ashamed, as I should be.

I'm totally crushing over these CDs.

The Killers remind me of when I was toying with the whole punk scene back in the early 80s. Even then, I was old school, not getting into the scene until long after it reached it's peak. Let just say I like to mull things over before making a decision. Sometimes it takes years. At least this time I figured it out before I turned 40, so I'm still cool. (snicker)

An old bud of mine was Better Than Ezra's biggest fan, and now I see why. Good tunes for good people. And museum curators. I'm listening to them now as I blog.

Is Gwyneth Paltrow the Yoko Ono of Coldplay? I don't know, but I finally got over my problem with her hooking up with Chris Martin. I actually held it against the band. It's really stupid, I know. I get all miffed when something I hold in high regard goes Hollywood. I made the assumption that Coldplay went Hollywood, and even if they did, so what? Their music is still fabulous. And I really have nothing against Paltrow. I just put myself in a snit over it. Funny how that happens. I denied myself months of good music over something as silly as that.

Now I better go. I'm behind on reading People and Us Weekly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home