Monday, August 08, 2005

White veiny legs, biker boots and a Vino

Of all days not to have my digital camera on me!

I left work around 11 a.m. to go to an off-campus appointment. As I was sitting in the usual traffic near the Strip, I was blessed with a vision from the heavens above.

Scouring the Net, I was able to piece together what this man looked like. He was riding a green Vino and his attire came straight from the Goodwill catalog.



The boots against his white veiny old man legs were an added touch. Oh, and the yellow and orange paisley shirt. It reflected nicely off the green hue of the Vino. And it got better.

As I was sitting at the red light with my mouth agape, the male 20-something in the To-YO-ta truck in front of me must have caught my gaze because just as I glanced up in front of me, I caught him turning to the left, struck by the sight of Vino Man. His full belly laugh was worth the price of admission and more! He could barely drive when the light turned green. It was one of those rare, priceless moments when all the planets align and the world is filled with fairy dust and unicorns. Granted, we were laughing at Vino Man, and I realize that is wrong, but for that split second, I was happy and that happiness was caused by Vino Man. The 20-something YO and I ended up next to each other at the next light and we shared eye contact, both laughing uncontrollably.

I will forever be on the lookout for Vino Man. He gave me some sunshine on a rather sunless day.

Motor on, Vino Man, motor on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home