Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Wallace & Gromit Hit the Big Screen in October 2005

While at the movies last night, I was thrilled to see the trailer for Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Being a fan of Chicken Run, I'm looking forward to the new feature film starring Wallace, the affable inventor (and lover of cheese and crackers, a man after my own heart) and Gromit, his wildly devoted dog. These are the kinds of movies I love seeing: cheeky, intelligent, light-hearted and enthusiastically hopeful. I like being the one parent in the audience who is laughing vivaciously at cleverly crafted lines. It makes me envious of the talented writers who think up these stories because in my next life, I can only hope I'm half as talented. It's funny how some of us never fully grow up.

I don't expect Wallace & Gromit to be a blockbuster like Finding Nemo or Monsters Inc. But I do anticipate that it will ultimately earn two thumbs up from the critics and
Aardman Animations Ltd. will acquire even more admirers from across the pond. With a character in the new movie named PC McIntosh, how could it not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home