Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My Blog is a Crapfest. Blame Facebook.

Why, oh why, does Facebook have to be such a time suck? Between my reading blogs, posting on the many forums I belong to, that thing I call a job, and of course, my beloved family, how in the hell am I supposed to keep up on Facebook?

By me adding my maiden name to my nomenclature, old friends from high school have started coming out of the woodwork. Catching up with people from 22 years ago takes a lot of time.

Even though it drains my time, I love it. I never ventured deeply into the abyss that is MySpace. I just couldn't handle all the blinking and glitter. I much prefer the clean lines of Facebook, sans all the buttons, flair, drinks, green patches, etc. that inundate my Requests. I'm continuously "ignoring all" requests, except friend requests, and if that makes me a Facebookbitch, then so be it. It's a tiara I'll wear proudly.

So there you have it. I whined about not having time. Imagine that. Those who know me know that I'm a classic pisser and moaner, and it's ALWAYS about time.

1 comments:

At 4/2/09 9:02 AM, Blogger Ri. Short for Maria. Not pronounced like the bread. said...

Ah, yes...about this, we are in accord. [/Depp in that Pirate movie]

I blame Facebook's time suckage for a great many collateral evils, not the least of which is the gray shit growing in my not recently cleaned refrigerator. Facebook is the debil, Bobby Bouche' [/Kathy Bates in "The Waterboy"]

I think I might just talk in movie quotes all day now. It's fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home