Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Favorite Pants

All of you Castro hooers are going to assume I'm talking about the enshrined Castro pants, but I'm not. I'm actually talking about my pants and their awesomeness. It's November and I finally put the shorts away, probably a solid two months too late, but only because we were blessed with some unseasonably warm weather during our autumnal splendor and I got an extra run out of my shorts.

I had to suck it up and pull out the long pants. I hate all my jeans. Just hate them. I can't ever find jeans to fit my disproportionate "egg on legs" body. Sure they may appear to fit, but they are either miles too long or too short, or too stretchy and the crotch ends up hanging down to my knees by the end of the day. I've been suffering through my sucky jeans for the last few weeks until I had to dig through my closet in search of a top that had longer sleeves because we've finally hit the freezing mark.

There tucked between an old sweatshirt and a suit jacket were my favorite pants. My friends call them my "teenager" pants because they are too long and the ends have started to fray and split since they drag on the ground under my shoes. They are khakis that have some stretch and the fabric is uber light and soft. I may look like a piece of teenage shit in them, but I'm super comfortable piece of teenage shit. I could wear them every single day. It's silk on my ass.

As I covet my favorite pair of pants, I'm faced with the realization that I must go shopping so that I don't end up on "What Not to Wear" on TLC. As much as I love Stacey and Clinton, I don't want them digging through my overstuffed closet pulling out my dumpy clothes, while making snarky comments on national TV. I know what not to wear, yet I still do it because I'm all about the comfort. We might have a throwdown if they tried to put my favorite pants into their metal-for-effect trashcan. And for the record, who still uses metal hangers?

So here's to my favorite pants. May you get me through another winter season without falling apart.

4 comments:

At 13/11/08 10:26 AM, Blogger cinnamazon said...

No shit, I was just having this conversation the other day about how jeans never fit. If I had a million dollars (I hate that song) I'd customize all my jeans.
Love you girl!!

Oh and my word verification for commenting here is yauxgfor..what the hell does that mean?

 
At 13/11/08 10:28 AM, Blogger Jules said...

Yauxgfor means "JMR is cool as hell."

And so is Cinna!

 
At 13/11/08 6:28 PM, Blogger Ri. Short for Maria. Not pronounced like the bread. said...

hey...wait a minute! I commented here yesterday - and it was witty and charming - and it didn't show up?

Sonofabitch.
I've been robbed.

Oh, and tabit was mine. It means "Yay for JMR's teenage silk-assed pants!"

 
At 18/2/12 9:20 AM, Blogger christian louboutin uk store sale said...

ld not be drawing sweeping bright lines for what can and cannot be protectable trade marks in the fashion industry (namely no single color marks for fashion items) nor should it be relying on such bright lines to avoid the properCoach Factory Outlet analysis of the various elements in a trade mark infringement claim. The AmeriKat agrees that the District Court ruling does send a dangerous precedent for the industry i

st prototype through to production in the factory. Looking beyond design and production the exhibition will also explore the company's innovative store design – how fab!It will also highlight some of the very interesting collaborations that Louboutin has participated in over the years. Like his project with avant-garde film director David Lynch of Twin Peaks and Mulholland Drive, who also works a

rendy presidential team who used to joke with Angelina JolieCoach Wristlet Purses and Brad Pitt, while magazines such as Paris Match, called the first lady an "element of light in a country full of shadows". Vogue described her as "glamorous young, and very chic-the freshest and most magnetic of first ladies".She certainly knew how to be chic, with a reputed love for Christian Louboutin shoes and designer suits. She

the national 9 percent unemployment rate.The jobs taken away in the national economy by counterfeiters affect those who are unemployed and struggling to find work. People are forced to refinance their mortgages, debts or even Coach Handbags Outletfile for bankruptcy.And while it is important that everyone, both domestically and abroad, has a job and can support themselves, it is also important to support the countr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home