Monday, May 01, 2006

The Final West Wings

It's no secret that my favorite show on TV is The West Wing. My parents would be so disappointed to know that I favor the democratic party far more than the republican party. I hide this fact from them. I'm a closet democrat. I think GW is a moron and sadly, my parents idolize him. It's a good thing we live 60 miles apart. Since my dad's retirement, he's become more and more of a staunch republican and to my despair, listening to him spew on and on is worse than listening to Rush Limbaugh. And yes, Fox News is on 24/7 at their house. Bah.

I'm saddened to know that this is the last season for The West Wing. It's become a staple in my television diet for six years. I was heart broken when John Spencer died (Leo McGarry) and was somewhat disappointed that there wasn't more done in the show to celebrate his character. I think Sorkin and Co. did the best they could with the story line considering McGarry died at the height of the Santos-Vinick campaign, but still, I sulk. I don't want the show to end.

So that's all I have to say today. There are only two more episodes left. The West Wing's ending is right up there with the final episodes of Seinfeld, Cheers and Frazier. It was a good run, and it will be missed.

Sidebar: By the way, I voted this morning for our school levy. When asked my party, I said nonpartisan. In my heart, I'm a democrat, yet, because of my upbringing, I can't admit I play for the other side. Sigh.

3 comments:

At 2/5/06 9:32 AM, Blogger lenni said...

Julie:

My parents are gone, but my brother (and I love him) loves Dubya. I wish he'd (Dubya) go to jail along with his whole entourage of suspects. But, I don't tell my Bro even when he's spewing Dubya stuff all over me.

We are both VietNam Vets and both been thru a lot at the same time, but he lost body parts, I didn't.

What puzzles me most about republicans is that there is a whole world of stuff that makes better sense than anything they talk about. At the same time, there are plenty of republicans, who, in private, do make perfect sense. But, when they get with the party, the whole idea of perfect sense; logic; common sense and other like-adverbs goes straight out with the bath water.

How can they believe themselves: 2 & 2=4, BUT THEN when they talk to democrats 2 & 2 doesn't equal 4 anymore. They'll even go on Fox news and deny that 2 & 2 equals four, in front of the whole nation. It just drives me away. Is that what they want, people driven away?

Some thoughts. Thanks for the blog.

Lenni

 
At 6/5/06 7:23 PM, Blogger Smokestack Jones said...

Hey Julie,

I hear ya. I'll be sad that WW ain't around anymore - especially since I got a crush on Allison Janney :D

-SJ

 
At 9/5/06 8:18 AM, Blogger Jules said...

Yes, Sunday's episode was bittersweet, knowing there is only one more to come. I can't imagine TV without The West Wing.

Ache.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home