Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Snarley Red Eye

I've been harping about this for a week now with my husband.

We've got to get organized.
We've got to manage our time better.
We've got to slow down.

I constantly feel like I'm in a hurry. Gotta get here, gotta get there. I feel the same way at work. I feel like I'm always on the go and that nothing is getting done the way it should be. I neglect this and that until I realize that it wasn't the smartest thing to do. I'm overprogrammed.

And these are things we try to instill in our new freshmen. Manage your time. Let some things go so that you have more time to study. Don't overextend. You only have 24 hours in a day.

I'm a slave to time. It's a simple as that.

So this morning, as I was running 10 minutes late getting myself ready and barking orders so that Joonya gets ready, I had a hairspray malfunction. The Biolage hairspray bottle's little pumper got clogged and I got a straight shot of spray right into my left eye. I went down. I got so mad that my immediate reaction was to throw the bottle into the wall but when struck with the initial blast, I dropped it, and then couldn't see it to throw it! It hurt like hell. And once the pain started to subside, I could see the damage. As I pryed my eyelid apart, my eye was so red it looked like I had been on a pot smoking bender for six days. It still stings as I sit here.

Because, once again, I was in a hurry. Well, indirectly. Had I not been running late, I would have followed my normal hair/make-up routine, but because I decided to take shortcuts during the process, I ended up hating the end result so I took MORE time trying to primp and improve, resulting in me pulling out the Biolage bottle that I rarely use, clogged and all, and taking one in the eye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home