Thursday, February 02, 2006

I am hopeful, full of doubt. And a finger in forbidden places.

That's one of my favorite lyrics from a Better Than Ezra tune. I am hopeful, full of doubt. It's so perfect. I have a lot of things cooking at work, one being a major shift in job responsibilities, thus adding to my hopefulness that something good this way comes while increasing my doubt that it's ever going to happen.

Hopeful.
Doubt.

This is the world I live in. If there is news, I'll keep you posted. For now, it'll remain a mystery. I know you are all on the edge of your seats. Hope you don't get a butt cramp.

On a lighter note, here's a funny Techtard story. Remember Techtard? She's my boss. And technologically challenged, hence the nickname Techtard. If you really feel like being politically incorrect, say Techtard like Corky. And put on a helmet. And prepare for dirty looks. (but I'll laugh!)

Back to my story. Techtard has been having some gastrointestinal troubles and went to see a gastrointestinal doctor today. Gastrointestinal is a fun word to say. Kind of like when Jimmy goes to get his annual colonoscopy. He calls it his rectalectalectamy. Another fun one. Just before Techtard leaves for her doctor's appointment, she and I decide we're going to split a pizza. Probably not the smartest move when you're having a gastro troubles. But let me tell you, Gionino's makes a damn good pie.

She returns from her doctor's visit 45 minutes later and immediately IMs me. "God, I thought I was going to blast pizza all over the wall."

Ok, a couple of words pass through my overactive brain. "Blast, pizza, gastro, doctor..."

She then appears in my doorway. She says..."You wouldn't believe how HOT my doctor was."

And I responded..."And you let him shove his finger up your ass?"

Okay, miscommunicay. She bursts out laughing, then her expression changes, and wonders to herself, "Oh my God, did I just send an email out to the entire office that I was getting a finger shoved up my ass?"

And I'm wondering, "Why did I assume she had a finger shoved up her ass? What's going on in my subliminal psyche?"

We laughed hard. She proceeded to explain the pizza blasting scenario. Because she was laying down and he was pressing hard on her abdomen, it felt as though the pizza was going to expel from her body and blast the wall. I assumed she got a finger shoved up her ass. Someone figure out the correlation.

In any case, it was a true Techtard/JMR moment. We have many, many of those each day. Now, for the next few days I'm going to marvel at the blog/search engine hits I'll get with the words finger, ass, shoved, hard and hot in this post. And I thought Sex and the City brought in some doozies.

Oh yeah, in case you're wondering, Techtard is fine. Dr. Dirty Sanchez thinks it's a reaction to a medication she's presently taking and not drinking enough water.

1 comments:

At 3/2/06 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got mentioned in your blog.... To quote the famous Rudolph, "She thinks I'm cuuuuuttttttteeeeeee"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home